Located in Midtown Manhattan, the Manhattan Fencing Center was started in 2007 by U.S. Fencing Hall of Fame Maestro Yury Gelman. We believe that fencing success has everything to do with the club and coaches. We pride ourselves on our exceptional facility, our world-class coaches and our dynamic programs.
- See our club featured on The New York Times video exclusive.
- Centrally located in Midtown Manhattan on 37th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues.
- Close to Times Square, Grand Central Station, Penn Station, Path Trains, and Port Authority Bus Terminal.
- Located on the 2nd fl of a newly renovated, doorman building with a secure lobby area and three elevators
- Specially designed fencing floors to safeguard knees and ankles
- Fully equipped with air conditioning, 18 full-length electric strips, wireless fencing capability, WiFi, comfortable viewing area, targets, locker rooms and showers.
- Second location is expected to open in Englewood, NJ in August 2022.
AVAILABLE FENCING OPTIONS
Check out our beginner packages for both kids and adults! Non-members are welcome to take part in our classes, lessons and open fencing. We offer all levels of fencing to fit everyone’s needs:
- Introductory fencing for children ages 4-6
- Beginner classes for ages 7+
- Beginner parents’ classes (no membership required)
- Beginner adults’ classes (no membership required)
- Intermediate, advanced, and elite classes
- Conditioning and competition classes
- Saber and foil coaches
- USFA tournaments held at our facility that give fencers the opportunity to increase their ranking and fence with the top athletes in the country
- Beginner, intermediate, and elite camps held at our facility to get you in shape for upcoming tournaments
Meet Our Coaches
- We have prepared 2 Tokyo Olympians, Olympic Silver Medal Sabre Men’s Individual (RIO), Olympic Bronze Medal Women’s Sabre Team (RIO), Olympic Silver Medal Saber Team (Beijing), three top 8 finishers London Olympics, US National Men’s and Women’s Saber Team, many World, National and NCAA Champions
- Widely recognized and highly respected world-class coaches; most have Master’s degree in Physical Education
- Fence with us to qualify for athletic scholarships at the best colleges and universities. We are the #1 saber feeder club to highly selective universities for the last 10 years.
- Check our competition results to see how successful we are. Those results speak for themselves.
- Enjoy non-competitive fencing as well to simply increase fitness and develop outstanding, character-building skills: patience, dedication, confidence, strength, and optimism
- Fence with USA National Team members and European National Team members at MFC Camps
My son has been training with Coach Oleg at Manhattan Fencing Center for almost three years. Oleg is an amazing coach and a wonderful person. In addition to being an extremely skilled fencer, Oleg is very engaged and communicative. It’s wonderful to see my video-game obsessed son so excited about training with Oleg. The club itself is very welcoming and well-run with excellent group classes. Cannot recommend enough!
The club has been a great place for my kids, who find themselves surrounded by highly experienced coaches wbo care and balanced group classes in very well-equipped facilities. In terms of individual lessons, coach Oleg has been truly a positive force both from fencing and overall teaching perspective , and the kids always look forward to their time with him.
Coach Oleg is the best! My son has been working with him for a year through MFC and he has improved immensely from Coach Oleg’s incredible teaching. He is tough but extremely encouraging and empowers my son with the skills to improve every lesson. We could not be happier!
Come on In!
15 W 37th St, New York, NY 10018
3 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
*During the months of July and August, please call the office to inquire about open bouting hours. Club is open at other times by appointment only.
Julia Gelman, Executive Director
The fastest way to reach us when we are not in the office is via email.